Description: Click Start: Computer Science for Schools is an eight-level series of textbooks for students. The series adopts an interactive approach and makes learning an enjoyable and enriching experience. It provides the basic elements as well as captures the latest trends in computer education.
Books 1 to 5 focus on learning the basics of computer system, computer science and networking; and on understanding the MS Office package along with LOGO as a programming language.
Books 6 to 8 extend the learning to Flash, HTML, QBASIC, Visual Basic, Photoshop, communication and networking, and the concept of programming language; and train the students to protect the Computer Systems against various computer viruses.
Key Features • Simple and lucid explanation of the contents
• Local to global examples with cross-cultural references
• Activities interspersed within each chapter to promote application based learning
• Exercises for interactive tasks with guided discussions
• Glossary and Now You Know at the end of each chapter to aid quick recapitulation
• Lab Work to encourage learning by doing
• Biographies to inspire young learners
• Teacher’s Manual to facilitate teaching
Student’s Book with CD-ROM also available.
Table of Contents Chapter 1 Adobe Photoshop 7
Chapter 2 MS Access
Chapter 3 Introduction to Programming Concepts
Chapter 4 Introduction to Visual Basic
Chapter 5 Tool Box and its Controls
Chapter 6 Operators and Functions
Chapter 7 Sequential Programming in VB
Chapter 8 Conditional Programming in VB
Chapter 9 Repetition Programming in VB
Chapter 10 Creating Menus in MDI Application
Chapter 11 Connecting VB with MS Access
Chapter 12 Trouble Shooting