Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again.
Generally delivered in 6 - 10 days
NEW TO THIS EDITION
• Additional emphasis on how to develop a conjecture and how to prove or disprove it.
• New sections on Logic, Mathematical Statements, and Logic and Problem Solving help students understand proofs and proof techniques. Additional exercises help students develop conjectures and how to prove or disprove them.
• More applications, exercises, and figures have been added to help students learn and retain the material.
• New material on fuzzy sets and fuzzy logic introduces students to a topic that is extremely important for modern issues of automated feedback and control of processes.
• Popular puzzles like Sudoku and their underlying mathematical connections form a continuous thread in the text, connecting set theory, Boolean matrices, algorithms and coding, logic, the general construction of proofs, coloring problems and polynomials, and other topics in a way that students will find both interesting and instructive.
Contents:Contents Preface A Word to Students 1 Fundamentals 2 Logic 3 Counting 4 Relations and Digraphs 5 Functions 6 Order Relations and Structures 7 Trees 8 Topics in Graph Theory 9 Semigroups and Groups 10 Languages and Finite-State Machines 11 Groups and Coding Appendix A: Algorithms and Pseudocode Appendix B: Additional Experiments in Discrete Mathematics Appendix C: Coding Exercises Answers to Odd-Numbered Exercises Answers to Chapter Self-Tests Glossary Index
About the Author:Drexel University|Drexel University|Georgia Perimeter College
The images represent actual product though color of the image and product may slightly differ.