Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again.
Generally delivered in 5 - 8 days
This edition is an all-inclusive resource for aspirants preparing for Civil Services Main Examination, GS Paper II. Each chapter has been designed in such a way that the readers are first introduced to the basics of topic, followed by in-depth explanation and analysis. This ensures easy and clear comprehension of information. Practice questions have also been provided to help the students check their understanding of the subject.
The intention of revising the book is to provide better understanding of all aspects of Governance. Well supported with infographics, latest data, charts and figures, the revised edition ensures complete focus on concept clarity and on delivering upon the subject as per students’ requirements. The book presents complete coverage of syllabus along with recent developments in E-Governance, policies and welfare schemes.
• Dedicated chapter on RPA Act.
• Comprehensive coverage of citizens’ participation in governance, role of civil services and rights issues.
• Smart art, infographics and comparative tables for fast revision.
• Additional reading in the form of Annexures for Electoral Reforms, PC Hota Committee Report and various recent judgments of Supreme Court.
• Chapter-end practice questions based on General Studies Paper II of Civil Services Main Examination
About the Author
M. Karthikeyan holds B. Com degree from University of Madras, Tamil Nadu, India. He also obtained a degree in Law from Dr. Ambedkar Govt. Law College, Tamil Naidu. Presently he is a practicing advocate at the High Court of Madras, Chennai, Tamil Naidu, India. Apart from his profession he is actively involved in various institutions in capacity of Director and visiting faculty to train students who appear for Civil Services Examination. He has also authored Internal Security for UPSC Published by Pearson Education, India.
Table of Contents:
1. Governance – A Conceptual Introduction
2. General Framework of Indian Model of Governance
3. Issues Concerning the Judiciary
4. Issues Concerning the Judiciary
5. Issues and Challenges Pertaining to the Federal Structure
6. Citizen’s Participation in Governance
7. Comparison of Indian Constitutional Scheme with that of Other Countries
8. Statutory, Regulatory and Quasi-Judicial Bodies
9. Representation of People Act
10. Role of Civil Services in a Democracy
12. Right to Information
13. Citizen’s Charter
14. Welfare Schemes for the Vulnerable Section of the Population
15. Pressure Groups
The images represent actual product though color of the image and product may slightly differ.