Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again.
Generally delivered in 5 - 9 days
Accomplished author and national speaker, Andrew J. DuBrin brings his expertise of Human Relations and Business Psychology to this exciting Twelfth edition. Focusing on today’s work environment, the book takes a two-pronged approach that improves interpersonal skills by first presenting basic concepts and then by featuring a heavy component of skill development and self-assessment. Human Relations: Job-Oriented Skills 12e is not just a textbook. The twelfth edition includes a wealth of experiential exercises, including new cases and self-assessment quizzes that can be completed in class or as homework.
Self-Assessment Quizzes give students the opportunity to explore their own opinions, feelings, and behaviors patterns related to chapter topics. All chapters include one or more self-assessment quizzes.
Job-Oriented Interpersonal Skills in Action in selected chapters illustrate a human relations business practice in today’s business world.
Skill Building Exercises provide students with opportunities to apply concepts at the point at which they are being discussed in the textbook.
Following a listing of the chapter learning objectives, all chapters begin with a case scenario that deals with the chapter topic and sets the stage for the chapter narrative.
Two Human Relations Case Studies put students into a realistic scenario so that they can practice making decisions in tough situations
Interpersonal Skills Role-Play exercises provide students with the opportunity to develop personal insight through interactive exercises.
About the Author
Andrew J. DuBrin, Rochester Institute of Technology
Table of Contents:
1. A Framework for Interpersonal Skill Development
2. Understanding Individual Differences
3. Building Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence
4. Interpersonal Communication
5. Interpersonal Skills for the Digital World
6. Developing Teamwork Skills
7. Group Problem Solving and Decision Making
8. Cross-Cultural Relations and Diversity
9. Resolving Conflicts with Others
10. Becoming an Effective Leader
11. Motivating Others
12. Helping Others Develop and Grow
13. Positive Political Skills
14. Customer Satisfaction Skills
15. Enhancing Ethical Behavior
16. Stress Management and Personal Productivity
17. Job Search and Career Management Skills
The images represent actual product though color of the image and product may slightly differ.