Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again.
Generally delivered in 5 - 8 days
With a comparative and conceptual framework of constitutional designs and institutional functioning, Political Process in Contemporary India, is an effort towards opening possibilities of intellectual navigation and conversation. This compendium offers a detailed summary of the insights into constitutional foundations and institutional praxes of Indian democracy. This book is unique as the institutional foundations, their arrangements and accretion to them, are analysed not only with the lens of Indian experience but their functioning is scrutinized with changing trends in the contemporary political process.
ï Scrutinizes the institutional foundations, their arrangements and accretion to them with changing trends in the contemporary political process.
ï In-depth coverage of how revolutions in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) have pushed the boundary of democratic engagements.
ï Working of the Indian constitution and performance of parties, civil society and citizens have been intricately linked.
ï Core themes covered: Political Parties in India, Changing Trends in Party System in India, Political Economy of State Politics in India, Determinants of Voting Behaviour, Religion and Politics, Nature of Secularism in Contemporary India, Caste in Politics and the Politicization of Caste, Dalit Movement in India, Affirmative Action in India, etc.
ï A useful text for graduate and postgraduate students, researchers, aspirants of civil and state services examination.
About the Author
Abhay Prasad Singh, PGDAV College, Department of Political Science, University of Delhi.
Krishna Murari, Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, Department of Political Science, University of Delhi.
Table of Contents:
1. Political Processes in Contemporary India: An Introductory Note
2. Political Parties in India
3. Changing Trends in Party System in India: Dominant Party System and its Breakdown
4. Political Economy of State Politics in India
5. Determinants of Voting Behaviour: Caste, Class, Gender and Religion
6. Regional Aspirations: The Politics of Accommodation through Development
7. Religion and Politics: Minority and Majority Communalism
8. Nature of Secularism in Contemporary India: An Appraisal of Issues and Trends
9. Caste in Politics and the Politicisation of Caste
10. Dalit Movement in India
11. Affirmative Action in India: The Case of Scheduled Castes/Tribes and Other Backward Classes
12. Affirmative Action and Women in India
13. Reservation Policy in India: A Review and Rethinking
14. Indian Democratic Developmental State and Welfare Regimes
The images represent actual product though color of the image and product may slightly differ.