Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again.
You will be notified when this product will be in stock
Social Science : NCERT, is a one stop compilation of the basic, elementary knowledge of Social Science that is tested in the Civil services Examination. It is based on the NCERT syllabus which forms the basis of the examination pattern itself. All aspirants are aware of the importance of the NCERT books in preparing as well as scoring well in the Civil Services Examinations. This book is thus a MUST READ in order to acquire the basic knowledge required for the said Examination. The book also offers chapter wise questions to help the aspirants test their understanding of the concepts. Put together in a reader friendly format, the book covers the entire syllabus for the Preliminary Examination from the NCERT books from class VI to XII in all Social Science subjects. (Indian Polity and Constitution, Geography, History and Indian Economy)
1. Basic concepts of all the topics tested in General Studies Social Science Paper at one place
2. In depth, class-wise content of each subject starting from class VI to class XII
3. Notes on concept and principles in each chapter
4. Key notes in each chapter containing latest information on the respective subject
5. Explanatory diagrams and tables for comparative study
6. Simple and student friendly language and presentation for easy and long term retention
7. Practice Questions and Previous year questions at the end for each subject
8. List of important facts at the end of each chapter
Sheelwant Singh, the author of more than twenty books from several publishing houses including McGraw Hill Education, is an Assistant Editor at Pratyogita Drishti – a leading magazine for competitive examinations in Rajasthan. He has taught at various institutions for Civil Services Examination preparation. He is presently running an institute called BRAINZ IAS in Lucknow in the capacity of Founding Director.
Kriti Rastogi is a post-graduate in Sociology and a PHD in Economics. She is currently teaching at various civil services institutes and universities like Dr. B R Ambedkar University. She specializes in International Relations, Current Affairs and Indian Economy and Development. She writes for various print media and also actively participates in debates in the electronic media.
Sarika is a post-graduate in Socio Engineering & Human Resource Management. She teaches at many civil services institutions. She is very well informed about current social, political and cultural issues facing India and the World and writes for various newspapers and magazines
Strategy For Prelim Examination
PART A: Indian Polity and Constitution
PART B: Geography
PART C: General Science
PART D: Science and Technology
PART E: History
PART F: Indian Economy
The images represent actual product though color of the image and product may slightly differ.