You will be notified when this product will be in stock
Ro Grandee takes her husband's punches like a lady. But Ro wasn't always this way. Underneath her pastel skirts and hidden bruises lies Rose Mae Lolley, teenaged spitfire, Alabama heartbreaker, and a crack shot with a pistol. Rose Mae is resurrected when a gypsy's tarot cards foretell that her handsome husband is going to kill her--unless she kills him first.
Learn More about the Book
Rose Mae Lolley's mother disappeared when she was eight, leaving Rose with a heap of old novels and a taste for dangerous men. Now, as demure Mrs. Ro Grandee, she's living the very life her mother abandoned. She's all but forgotten the girl she used to be-teenaged spitfire, Alabama heartbreaker, and a crack shot with a pistol-until an airport gypsy warns Rose it's time to find her way back to that brave, tough girl . . . or else. Armed with only her wit, her pawpy's ancient .45, and her dog Fat Gretel, Rose Mae hightails it out of Texas, running from a man who will never let her go, on a mission to find the mother who did.
Starring a minor character from Jackson's bestselling "gods in Alabama," BACKSEAT SAINTS will dazzle readers with its stunning portrayal of the measures a mother will take to right the wrongs she's created, and how far a daughter will travel to satisfy the demands of forgiveness.
1. "A sizzling chunk of Southern Gothic."-- The Altanta Journal-Constitution "Gina Webb "
2. "Backseat Saints will pull you in and won't let you out until the last page. Raw, tangy and funny, it is an enthralling peek into the secret sorority of mistreated women. Follow the journey of one courageous, witty woman who decides, I'm not going to take this anymore. I love reading about smart, flawed and ultimately wise women, like Rose Mae. " "Kathryn Stockett, #1 New York Times bestselling author of THE HELP""
3. "Joshilyn Jackson dives into darker, deeper water in BACKSEAT SAINTS-- with all her readers firmly in tow. As always, a riveting read." "Lee Smith, New York Times bestselling author of THE LAST GIRLS""
4. "BACKSEAT SAINTS is an unputdownable story about love, survival, and shedding the past. Rose Mae Lolly is tough, passionate, funny, and fierce, one hell of a heroine to guide us through one hell of an adventure. Any time Joshilyn Jackson is in the driver's seat, I'm along for the ride." "Michelle Richmond, New York Times bestselling author of THE YEAR OF FOG""
5. "The arrival of a Joshilyn Jackson novel feels like the first perfect day in a favorite season and BACKSEAT SAINTS is no exception." "Laura Lippman, author of LIFE SENTENCES""
6. "Readers everywhere will rejoice to be back in the land of gods in Alabama. BACKSEAT SAINTS is a heart-thrilling, can't-stop-reading book about the unique and unforgettable Rose Mae Lolley. I loved this novel." "Michael Lee West, author of MERMAIDS IN THE BASEMENT""
7. "From the moment I began reading, I could not put this book down. Rose Mae is an enduring character with a fierce and unstoppable spirit. This is a beautifully written story about an important subject. Pass the word." "Brunonia Barry, New York Times bestselling author of THE LACE READER and THE MAP OF TRUE PLACES""
8. "A sizzling chunk of Southern Gothic." Gina Webb, "The Altanta Journal-Constitution""
9. "[Rose Mae's] journey pulses with fierce determination." "People (a "Great Escapes" pick)""
The images represent actual product though color of the image and product may slightly differ.