Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again.
Generally delivered in 6 - 10 days
Pearson brings to you Engineering Mechanics – an ideal offering for the complete course on engineering mechanics. Written in a simple and lucid style, the book covers the basic principles of mechanics and its application to the solution of engineering problems. This book is apt for self-study by the students and lays down a strong foundation for problem- solving abilities in mechanics.
1. Holistic treatment of basic principles and applications of both Statics and Dynamics.
2. The theory has been explained in a logical and consistent manner, following a unified approach throughout the book, which makes the learning easy and smooth.
3. Emphasis is given on gradual built-up of concepts with numerous illustrations.
3. Free-Body Diagrams are emphasized throughout the book, without which the concepts of mechanics cannot be fully understood
5. More than 600 solved examples are provided. Most of these are similar to questions asked in university examinations.
About the Author
Professor Sanjay Kumar Sinha is a graduate in M.Tech with Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering from IIT, Kanpur. Presently he is associated with Department of Mechanical Engineering at IIT (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi.
He has over 22 years of invaluable experience in teaching Engineering Mechanics to students and this book is the outcome of his great knowledge in this subject.
2.Force Systems and Resultants
5.Belt and Rope Drives
9.Moment of Inertia of Areas
10.Moment of Inertia of Masses
11.Simple Lifting Machines
13.Potential-Energy Method and Stability
14.Kinematics of Particles
15.Motion with Constant Acceleration
17.Kinetics of Particles
18.Work, Energy and Power for Particles
19.Impulse and Momentum
20.Impact of Elastic Bodies
21.Kinematics of Rigid Bodies
22.Kinetics of Rigid Bodies
23.Mechanical Vibrations and Simple Harmonic Motion
24.Simple Stresses and Strains (Web Chapter)
25.Bending of Beams (Web Chapter)
26.Theory of Torsion (Web Chapter)
The images represent actual product though color of the image and product may slightly differ.