Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again.
You will be notified when this product will be in stock
The recently concluded UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination - 2018 has prominently made it clear that candidates should study a topic from multiple dimensions with their own intellectual investment during the process of exam preparation. Keeping this fact in mind, in this book we are providing questions and detailed solution to each question which will thoroughly test not only knowledge but also presence of mind and ability to apply basic concepts to arrive at most suitable answer to diverse set of objective questions. This book contains quality objective questions (Multiple Choice Questions) on the broad topic of History. The questions have been framed from all possible angles from diverse sources so that this book helps an aspirant to confidently answer any History related questions – even in more ‘uncertain’ and ‘tougher’ future UPSC Preliminary exams.
1. 1000+ high quality questions framed as per the examination pattern with detailed answers, explanations with relevant value addition for the examination
2. Topic wise question categories for easy revision
3. Questions in tune with latest UPSC Civil Services Preliminary exam –2018 in terms of the standard, integrated pattern and level of difficulty
About the Author
Vinay Kumar G B did his schooling at Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) Chitradurga. Years spent at JNV shaped his personality and outlook towards life. After completion of graduation in genetics, he decided to become an IAS officer where he saw an opportunity to serve more people and at the same time enhance his knowledge through self study. While working as Panchayat Development Officer in Mysore district he got disillusioned by rampant corruption and lack of support from higher authorities towards reforming the system, he resigned from his job and started his online initiative to provide right guidance to thousands of students across India free of cost and thereby produce finest leaders - whose primary motto will be to serve the society - to the nation.
Today, more than three thousand students are being guided by Insights IAS under the mentorship of Vinay Kumar in Bangalore. These students include graduates from India’s top institutions such as IITs, IIM and other top medical, law, engineering, science and arts colleges and universities. This book is a product of Insights team effort guided and edited by Vinay Kumar G B. Hope it helps IAS aspirants to fine tune their UPSC exam preparation
Insights IAS has redefined the way preparation for IAS exam is being done today. Insights is producing stellar results within a very short period of
time. This has been possible due to unique and first of its kind training program adopted by the Insights IAS institute which focuses on training students based on their strength rather than
spoon feeding them with information. Our website is the most visited website by IAS aspirants across India. Insights IAS website receives nearly ten million views monthly and is ranked 340 in India among all kinds of millions of websites. But among education related websites, its rank is second in all of India."
Table of Contents:
1. ANCIENT INDIAN HISTORY
2. MEDIEVAL INDIAN HISTORY
3. MIDDLE 18TH CENTURY INDIA
4. RISE OF BRITISH SUPREMACY: A BACKGROUND
5. RISE OF BRITISH SUPREMACY: PLASSEY, BUXAR
6. BRITISH EXPANSION AND CONSOLIDATION IN INDIA (1767–1857)
7. BRITISH EXPANSION BEYOND INDIAN FRONTIERS (NEPAL, BURMA AND AFGHANISTAN, 1814–1842)
8. CHANGES AND IMPACT (MIDDLE 18TH TO MIDDLE 19TH CENTURY; CHANGES INTRODUCED BY THE BRITISH AND THEIR IMPACT ON INDIAN ECONOMY, POLITY, ADMINISTRATION AND SOCIETY)
9. CHANGES AND IMPACT: INDIAN ADMINISTRATION AND SOCIETY
10. THE RISE AND GROWTH OF NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
11. SOCIO-RELIGIOUS REFORM MOVEMENTS: PART 1 (AWAKENING IN EASTERN, WESTERN, NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN INDIA)
12. SOCIO-RELIGIOUS REFORM MOVEMENTS: PART 2 (AWAKENING AMONG MUSLIMS, SIKHS, PARSIS AND NON-BRAHMINS)
13. INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT: PART 1 (EMERGENCE OF ORGANISED NATIONALISM)
14. INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENTPART 2 (TOWARDS FREEDOM)
15. POST INDEPENDENCE INDIA: A PRIMER
16. WORLD HISTORY
The images represent actual product though color of the image and product may slightly differ.