Chia seeds are the tiny black seeds of the chia plant (Salvia hispanica). They are rich in high quality protein, fibre and omega 3 fatty acids which makes them really great for our digestive and heart health. They can be soaked and mixed into porridge, added to baked goods, made into puddings or just sprinkled on top of salads and yogurt.
1. Highly Nutritious: Chia seeds are one of the most nutritious foods on earth as they are loaded with fibre, protein, omega3 fatty acids and various other nutrients.
2. Rich in Antioxidants: The antioxidants present in chia seeds may help protect against cell damage and hence prevent premature aging.
3. Best Sources of Fiber: Almost all the carbohydrates in chia are fibre which promotes good digestive and gut health.
4. May Aid Weight Loss: Due to the presence of high fibre and protein, chia seeds may help in weight loss.
5. May Improve Heart Health: Chia seeds are high in protein and omega3 fatty acids which may help to improve heart health if consumed along dietary and lifestyle changes.