Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again.
Generally delivered in 2 - 5 days
Throughout the fifth edition of Psychology, Saundra K. Ciccarelli and J. Noland White employ a learner-centered approach that maximizes student engagement. The authors draw students into the discipline by showing how psychology relates to their own lives. Clear learning objectives, based on the recommended APA learning outcomes, guide students through the material. While adapting this edition for an Indian audience, undue emphasis on the Western cultural context has been removed and Indian cases and perspectives have been added, without disturbing the rigor and tenor of the original text.
About the Author
Saundra K. Ciccarelli is a professor emeritus of psychology at Gulf Coast State College in Panama City, Florida. J. Noland White is a professor of psychology at Georgia College & State University, Georgia's Public Liberal Arts University. Adapted by Girishwar Misra, Vice Chancellor, Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya, Wardha.
• A learner-centered approach engages students deeply in the study of psychology.
• An engaging writing style helps awakens students’ curiosity and energizes their desire to learn about psychology.
• A greater emphasis on APA learning goals helps students master the skills they need to succeed.
• Inclusion of Indian research helps create a friendly learning context for Indian students.
• Some Indian topics added to the text are: Culture and Psychological Processes, The Notion of Intelligence in the Indian Cultural Context, Health and Healing in India, Love in the Indian Cultural Context, etc.
1 The Science of Psychology
2 The Biological Perspective
3 Sensation and Perception
7 Cognition: Thinking, Intelligence, and Language
8 Development across the Life Span
9 Motivation and Emotion
10 Sexuality and Gender
11 Stress and Health
12 Social Psychology
13 Theories of Personality
14 Psychological Disorders
15 Psychological Therapies
Appendix A Statistics in Psychology
Appendix B Applied Psychology and Psychology Careers
The images represent actual product though color of the image and product may slightly differ.