When used for massage & on skin:
- Vitamin E lessens damage already done to the skin
- Essential fatty acids moisturize the skin and bring a youthful shiny glow to the face
- Suitable for newborn, and helps prevent future skin ailments like xerosis
- Help overcome drowsiness, stiff joints, and numbness
When used as a cooking ingredient:
- A powerhouse of minerals & vitamins, which helps with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Great source of antioxidants and unsaturated fats
- Reduces blood pressure in hypertensive individuals
- Helps fight depression and stress
Even today, cold-pressed sesame oil remains the most preferred oil among many South Indians. Due to its high nutritional value in cooking and several skin uses.
Due to its good anti-inflammatory properties, sesame oil also helps in curing several skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema in Ayurveda.
Also, it is found that regular consumption of sesame oil develops immunity, keeping the body healthy and young.