ZyXEL MC100FX-SC Series media converter is designed to convert the speed and media type (from 10/100TX to 100FX (SC) for distant connectivity (from 2km to 30km) depending on models.
System Specification :Standard Compliance
- IEEE802.3 10BASE-T
- IEEE802.3u 100BASE-TX/FX
- IEEE802.3x Flow Control and Back pressure
- 64 to 1518 Bytes for Non-VLAN Ethernet packet
- 68 to 1522 Bytes for VLAN-Tag type Ethernet packet
Link Fault Signaling
- TX to Fiber: If TX port link down, then converter will forced fiber to link down.
Fiber to TX: If Fiber port link down, the media converter will forced TX port to link down.
Hardware Specification:Support auto-negotiation on RJ-45 port
Support auto MDI/MDI-X on RJ-45 port
- DIP 1 - Enables / disables auto-negotiation
- DIP 2 - Copper port (RJ45) duplex mode; full-duplex or half-duplex
- DIP 3 - Copper port (RJ45) data bit rate; 10Mbps or 100Mbps
- DIP 4 - Fiber port duplex mode; full-duplex or half-duplex
- DIP 5 - Enables / disables link fault signaling (LFS)
- DIP 6 - Enables / disables local loop back (LLBK)
- DIP 7 - Enables / disables remote loop back (RLBK)
One 10/100BASE-T port and one 100BASE-FX Fiber Port (SC) with multi-mode fiber transceiver module built-in
Maximum transmission distance: 2km
Wavelength of 100FX fiber: 1310nm
One 10/100BASE-T ports and one 100BASE-FX Fiber Port (SC) with single-mode fiber transceiver module built-in
Maximum transmission distance: 30km
Wavelength of 100FX fiber: 1310nm
Copper to multi-mode fiber, SC connector, distance up to 2KM
Key features:- Converts Speed and Media Type
- Extends Network Span up to 2km/30km
- Auto-negotiating on RJ-45 Port
- Auto-crossover on RJ-45 Port
- Transparent to 802.1Q VLAN packets
- Link Fault Signaling (LFS) Notifying Down Link to Peer
- Multiple Configurations by DIP Switch
- LED Status Display
Key benefit:Extend the Network Span
MC100FX-SC series equips with one 100FX fiber port and one 10/100TX copper port for speed and media converting. The 100FX fiber port, featured with SC type connector, can extend network span up to 30km maximally.
SC type connector and single-mode fiber transceiver module built-in, capable of extending network span up to 30km
SC type connector and multi-mode fiber transceiver module built-in, capable of extending network span up to 2km
Transparent to 802.1Q VLAN Packets
MC100FX-SC series media converter can identify 802.1Q VLAN packets and won't discard them that ensure that Virtual LANs (VLANs) operation across media converter.
With Auto-negotiating, 10/100TX copper port can do auto-negotiation for synchronizing transmission speed and mode with peer device. In addition, Auto-crossover on 10/100TX copper port can eliminate problem of circuits missed match by auto-sensing MDI/MDIX function. Both features make installation easier complete. In the meanwhile, multiple configurations can be done via dip switch that empowers management capability toward users intending to gain more control on devices,
With Link Fault Signaling mechanism, when one link down detected on the 10/100 copper port will force a link down on the fiber port, and vice versa. The copper downlink port will stop transmitting and turning off as soon as the remote link is down so that the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) of the connected switch will be functioning. Transparent link status is delivered by Link Fault Signaling mechanism which made network recovery and troubleshooting easier and faster.