Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again.
Generally delivered in 4 - 8 days
Basic Mechanical Engineering continues to fill the need for a textbook that provides the complete overview of several aspects of mechanical engineering-thermal engineering, mechanical design and manufacturing engineering. With lucid exposition of the fundamental concepts along with numerous worked-out examples and well-labeled detailed illustrations, this book provides a holistic understanding of the subject.
About the Author
Pravin Kumar obtained his Ph.D. from IIT Delhi and M.Tech.
from Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi. Presently, he is working as a faculty in the Department of Mechanical
Engineering, Delhi Technological University (Formerly Delhi College of Engineering). He has more than 16 years of teaching and research experience. He has been teaching Basic Mechanical Engineering for several years. He has also authored two more books-Industrial Engineering and Management, published by Pearson Education, and Fundamentals of Engineering Economics, published by Wiley India Pvt. Ltd. He has published more than 50 research papers in the National and International Journals and Conferences.
1. Coverage of important topics such as power plant engineering, non-conventional energy resources, sheet metal work and NC, CNC and DNC machines
2. Chapters on Fuels and Combustion and Internal Combustion Engines updated to include recent advancements
3. Points to remember and list of important formulae at the end of each chapter for quick recapitulation
4. More than 1100 end-of-chapter exercises including multiplechoice questions, theory questions and exercise problems for efficient self-assessment
1. Concepts of Thermodynamics and Properties of Gases
2. Fuels and Combustion
3. Power Plant Engineering and Sources of Energy
4. Properties of Steam and Steam Generators
5. Steam and Gas Turbines
6. Internal Combustion Engines
7. Heat Transfer
8. Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
9. Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines
10. Air Compressors
11. Centroid and Moment of Inertia
12. Stress and Strain
13. Machine Elements
14. Flywheel and Governors
15. Power Transmission Devices
16. Couplings, Clutches, and Brakes
17. Engineering Materials
18. Mechanical Measurement
19. Machine Tools
20. Casting and Welding
21. Mechanical Working of Metals, Sheet Metal Work, Powder Metallurgy, and Smithy
22. Manufacturing Systems: NC, CNC, DNC, and Robotics
23. Heat Treatment
The images represent actual product though color of the image and product may slightly differ.