Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and try again.
Generally delivered in 5 - 9 days
The thoroughly Revised & Updated 10th edition of MEGA Study Guide for NTSE Class 10 is empowered with the syllabus of Class 8, 9 & 10 as prescribed by NCERT. The book also comprises of Past questions of NTSE Stage 1 & 2 from the years 2012-2018.
• All the sections have been thoroughly revised and updated theory enriched with New & Past NTSE questions. New Chapters have been added in Social Sciences, Mental Ability and other sections have been enlarged so as to make the book extremely useful for students.
• There are now 28 chapters in the Mental Ability Section (MAT).
• The Scholastic Aptitude section (SAT) has been divided into 9 parts – Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English, History, Geography, Civics and Economics.
• The book covers English Language Test (ELT) which contains theoretical concepts with practice exercises for Stage 1 & 2 as per the NTSE Stage 2 format.
• The book provides sufficient pointwise theory, solved examples followed by Fully Solved exercises in 2 levels State/ UT level & National level.
• Maps, Diagrams and Tables to stimulate the thinking ability of the student.
• The book also contains very similar questions to what have been asked in the previous NTSE examinations.
• The book covers new variety of questions - Passage Based, Assertion-Reason, Matching, Definition based, Statement based, Feature Based, Diagram Based and Integer Answer Questions.
• The book covers a special section on Exemplar problems in Mathematics which contains a mix of problems with solutions for Stage 1 & 2.
• The ebook contains the solved papers of 2014-17 NTSE 2nd Stage SAT, LCT & MAT. The ebook also includes select MCQs from Stage 1.
About the Author
Disha Experts is a team of most renowned and prolific content writers pioneering in School and Test Prep segments (Competitive Exams & Government Vacancies). It consists of more than 30 experts comprising of PhDs, B-Techs, PGs, etc. working full-time with decades of experience in various academic and competitive exam verticals. Disha Experts has emerged as a think tank in the School and Test Prep segments providing the most updated (latest pattern & syllabus-wise) to-the-point student friendly (relevant & easy-to-understand presentation) content such that the aspirants can give their best.
Table of Content
Section 1 - Mental Ability Test
2. Alphabet Test
5. Coding – Decoding
6. Number And Ranking
7. Blood Relation
8. Mathematical Operations
9. Direction Sense
10. Venn Diagrams
11. Time And Clock
12. Missing Character
13. NonVerbal Series
14. NonVerbal Classification
15. Analogy (Non-Verbal)
16. Incomplete Figure
17. Water And Mirror Image
18. Cube And Dice
19. Paper Folding And Cutting
20. Embedded Figure
21. Puzzle Test
22. Figure Partition & Dot Situation
25. Statement And Conclusion
26.Data Sufficiency Scholastic Aptitude Test
Section 2 - History
1. Rise of Nationalism in Europe
2. Nationalist Movement in Indo-China
3. Colonialism and Rise of Nationalism in India
4. Age of Industrialisation and Urbanisation
5. The Making of Global World
6. Educating Nation and Novel in the Modern World
7. Forest Society and Pastoralists: In the Context of Colonialism
8. Peasants and Farmers
9. Women, Caste and Reforms
Section 3: POLITICAL SCIENCE
2. Democracy, Diversity and Livelihood: In Context of Gender and Religion
3. Democratic Rights, Outcomes and Challenges
4. Power Sharing and Federalism
5. Constitution and its Design
6. Working of institutions at Union, State and Local Levels
7. Judiciary and Social Justice
8. Electoral Politics and Political Parties
9. Popular Struggles and Movements
Section 4: GEOGRAPHY
1. Size, Location and Physical Features of India
2. Drainage and Water Resources
3. Natural Vegetation, Forests and Wildlife Resources
4. Agriculture and Climate
5. Manufacturing Industries
6. Minerals and Energy Resources
7. Resources and Development
8. Lifelines of National Economy
Section 5: ECONOMICS
1. The Story of Village Palampur
2. People as Resource and Development
3. Poverty and Food Security in India
4. Sectors of Indian Economy and Globalisation
5.Money, Credit and Consumer Rights
Section 6 - Physics
2. Motion, Force and laws of motion
3. Gravitation and Archimedes' Principle
4. Work and Energy
5. Heat & Sound
6. Light — Its phenomena
7. Electricity and its magnetic effects
8. Sources of energy
Section 7 - Chemistry
1. Matter and its classification
2. Atomic structure
3. Chemical reactions and their various types
4. Acids, Bases and Salts
5. Metals and Nonmetals
6. Carbon and its compounds
7. Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
8. Combustion and Energy Resources
9. Fibres, plastics and Pollution
Section 8 - Biology
1. Cell and tissues
2. Biodiversity in living organism and its Conservation
3. Life Processes
4. Heredity and Evolution
5. Our Environment
6. Microbes and Diseases
7. Natural resources and their management
8. Improvement in food resources
Section 9 - Mathematics
1. Number System
7. Coordinate geometry
8. Probability and Statistics
Exemplar Problems in Mathematics for NTSE
Section 10 - English Language Test
Idioms & Phrases
Missing Sentence Completion
Fill in the Blanks – vocabulary based
Fill in the Blanks – grammar based
The images represent actual product though color of the image and product may slightly differ.